Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sometimes I think something is really wrong with me...



I’m really not sure why I bother saying I am “never” going back to Galveston.  Everyone who knows me well knows that I can’t stay away from anything I haven’t been successful at. 

For all you loyal blog followers out there, you know I have two DNF’s in Galveston (one at the Oly distance and the other at the 70.3 distance).  For those who are new to the blog, I passed out during my first Oly and was pulled off the bike course at mile 50 of the 70.3 after suffering two flat tires and not being able to make up the time.  In 2011, I went back to Galveston and successfully completed the Oly (woo hoo)!  At that time, I had declared I was done with Galveston. 

So here we are, November 2012 and I’ve officially signed up for Ironman 70.3 Texas which will take place on April 7, 2013.  Once again, this race is 6 weeks before IMTX and so a perfect training opportunity.  I had considered going to Boerne in March to do the Tall Texan instead but after weighing the pros & cons, I decided I needed to go back to Galveston so I could finish a 70.3 down there. 

I have to admit, I’m pretty excited to be signed up for this race.  I feel so much of the same excitement that I did in late 2010 as I was preparing for my first IMTX.  Only now, I have the benefit of experience and more confidence than I had back then.  I am so ready for this training to kick in!

I’m feeling very good post-OilMan too.  I was definitely sore the day after with a little lingering soreness Tuesday but felt awesome by Wednesday.  The only thing I noticed was that I got the yucky skin I seem to get after long races.  I don’t really break out so you can imagine my disgust when I noticed 3 pimples a few days post race.  Ugh.  I’m not a teenager anymore…go away!

I’m still so excited about OilMan. :)  Anything can happen on race day and I was blessed with great weather, great coaching, great support and great execution.  Yay yay yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment