I have a few complaints about aging.
- · You gain weight easier.
- · It’s harder to lose weight.
- · Wrinkles? Wtf.
- · You get dry spots you never used to have and the ladies at the nail salon tell you it’s b/c you’re going “up” which obviously is a reference to aging.
- · You don’t get honked at anymore by young hotties unless you’re in backwoods Texas.
- · The mousey brown color of hair you once cursed is now far preferred over the gray that keeps popping up.
- · Developing ailments you never suffered from in your 20’s or even early 30’s (allergies, heartburn, sensitivity to certain foods, flatulence)…who am I kidding, I’ve always been a pooter!
- · All the actors/celebrities you thought were hot when you were young are getting old which only reminds you that you’re getting old (Harrison Ford, Ed Harris, Steve Guttenberg…yes, I thought he was cute, Tom Selleck, Mark Hamil, NKOTB…well let’s face it, Joey got WAY better with age).
- · Some body parts start to head south. I guess body parts know folks like to go to Florida to retire so they get a head start? All joking aside, I’m happy to report that my body parts haven’t started traveling south yet but I have a feeling they’ve started packing…….
- · Your “baby” brother is turning 30 this year which means he in fact is no longer a baby.
- · You find yourself saying things like “back in the day” or “when I was your age”….remember how obnoxious it was to hear that before?
- · Understanding the need to dress age appropriately…where’s the fun in that?