Ok, I'm not going to try to recount everything missed since my last blog entry so let me summarize the high points. ;)
- My angel of a niece turned 1 in February! Oh my goodness. A year has gone by? How? Avery has a funny little personality without a doubt. I'm so excited to see how she continues to change. Lucky for me, I will get 5 days straight with my niece (and nephew) as I'm getting ready to go on vacation with all 3 of my sisters and those two little angels! Woo hoo!!!!!
- Keith's grandbaby, Addison, also turned 1....a short month after Avery. We were lucky enough to have Mike, Heather & Addie in town for her bday. It never feels like enough time with them but you take what you can get! Addie is absolutely adorable. She LOVES her mommy & daddy and definitely prefer them to pretty much everyone. :) Keith & I are planning our next visit to Chicago to see them all.
- Luke & I signed up for Angie's Half Crazy Half Marathon. The original plan was for Luke to PR and get a time in the 1:30 range. I didn't necessarily have a goal as I signed up on a whim at the last minute. Well, my "goal" was to do my 10th half-marathon. The day before the race, Luke & I hatched a plan to just not give a crap about the race (for some legit reasons) and go out for drinks and just have fun. Well, let me say that we achieved our new goals VERY well! We've decided that from this point forward, one race a year (at least) will be dedicated to fun and not a care in the world to results. That gasping noise you hear right now is probably from my coach. :)
- Sophie has been going to A&M every 6 weeks due to her illness from last year. At the most recent visit, we got the news that she's pretty much stable (finally) and they don't need to see us for 8 weeks! YAYYYYYY!
- Keith started riding bicycles about 9 months ago and has had the goal to ride 100 miles in one day (century ride). Well, Keith achieved his goal yesterday! My absolutely AWESOME training group organized the "GOT 112?" ride, a community ride on the Ironman Texas course. Keith rode a century + 12! Let me tell you, the conditions out there were B-R-U-T-A-L. Winds were 20+ mph pretty much all day. We heard rider after rider say they would take hills over wind any day of the week. A to the MEN. Regardless, Keith hung in there and biked the entire Ironman Texas bike course!!!!! Now, I was hoping that achieving this goal would make him realize he too could be an Ironman but it hasn't. In fact, he told me that anyone who runs 26.2 miles after riding 112 is a complete psycho. Hi, have we met? I'm psycho. :)
|Avery Elizabeth :)|
|Hannah Taylor - My SAG partner!|
|Me & Luke post- Angie's Half Crazy Half (Ass) Marathon|
|My baby towards the end of his 1st Century+ Ride|
Ok, so on to the something BIG on the horizon. I will find out in just a couple of weeks if I have made it into the NYC Marathon!!!! I'm so excited!!! I have entered the lottery for years and really want this to be my first marathon (1st stand alone marathon). Either way, I need to know if I'm in or not so I can plan the rest of my race season. Right now, I have a bunch of sprints on my schedule and am holding out until I know more. Wish me luck!!!! And wish for smaller thighs. :)