Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dreams of PRs dancing in my head!




This is post was recorded at an earlier time.  :)

I’ve been telling those close to me that volunteering/spectating at an Ironman is very dangerous.  While the post-race feeling is not as thrilling, I find myself more motivated than I thought I would be to sign up again.  And it’s not like I went into volunteering/spectating sitting on the fence.  Oh no!  I have been telling people for nearly a year that I would be back in 2013.  But being out there Saturday totally cemented it for me.  I will be there come hell or high water. 

The dangerous part though is the crazy thoughts it puts in your head.  I spent the better part of my lunch break today thinking about what I’ve done in races the past few years, how I’ve done in training and how I did at IMTX last year.  Based on all that, I started playing with some numbers to come up with a range of finish times based on various scenarios.  I’ve thought about how I would do if I changed nothing at all.  And believe me when I tell you, I would be happy with how I did last year b/c I felt good all day and I knew I would finish.  I’ve thought about how I would fare if I did in the swim what I should’ve done last year.  Anyway, I’ve come out with a time range that in all honesty, is very doable.  Of course, this will all need to be discussed with my coach before I even think about sharing.  And I may not.  I can tell you that in my head right now I have a super stretch goal that if I achieve, I can guarantee will cause me to need a box of Kleenex b/c I will cry!  And the crazy thing is that I actually believe I can achieve this super stretch goal!  And this is how it all begins.  This is how the crazy obsession starts and then not so slowly, takes on a life of its own.  Oh lord, what is wrong with me?

Before I get too excited, I have to actually sign up for the race and The Woodlands is making it hard for me.  There are so many rumors going around about what is going on.  Last week, the event guide showed there would be onsite registration.  I had fully expected to be one of the first in line, eager to hand over my payment.  Two days before the race, the event schedule was updated and onsite registration was removed.  The reason given was that the permits hadn’t been secured yet.  Hmmmm.  There was onsite registration last year so what’s up dudes?  We’ve been hearing for months that the date might change.  I’m now hearing the event could move to Galveston (oh please no) or Austin b/c The Woodlands Township is about as fun to deal with as a case of the clap.  All of you out there following my blog, go ahead and start wishing and hoping the race stays in The Woodlands as I really need my family and friends to be out there cheering me on.   Yes, I will go to Galveston or Austin if I HAVE to but I’m really hoping I won’t.  Keith is doing some serious “No Ironman in Galveston” rain dance b/c we all know he thinks that place is a sh@t hole and he has made it clear he doesn’t want to spend any more time there than he has to.  If the race IS there, Keith will be pushing me to finish sub-12 so we can get the heck out of dodge.  

I’ll have to change the name of the blog again once I sign up.  I’ve got a few ideas in my head but am open to suggestions!

With that, I’m outta here.  Happy training you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment