Thursday, May 31, 2012

Holy crap, RACE WEEK!

I didn't forget it was race week.  I mean, I've been thinking about it for a few weeks now.  I just got so busy, I forgot to post about it being race week.  :)  Either way, I'm posting now and that means you get two posts from me in a span of just a few days.  You are SO lucky.


Tejas Sprint Triathlon is this Sunday and I'm super excited.  My workouts have been going well and I am anxious to race again.  My swimming feels like it's kind of sucked a bit lately but nothing major.  I need to figure out a good schedule that allows me to start masters again or get in some solid swim workouts w/ others b/c that always helps a ton.  Oh well, a problem for another day. 


Dorina, Keith & Luke will be racing as a relay team this weekend as well.  Given how well they did at OilMan in November, I think they definitely will kick some ass on Sunday.  I get in the water 30 minutes before them so unfortunately, won't be able to cheer them on.  If all goes well, I should finish before Luke....I really hope so.  If a 30 minute head start doesn't help, not much will.  




I stumbled upon the quote above on Pinterest (nope, haven't been on there lately).  Obviously this quote is perfect for the next big race I train for.  As I read it again, I realized it really can apply to so many other parts of my life, not just the racing part.  I wonder if I can stencil this on the wall in my workout room.  Hmmmm, Sunday project anyone?


With that, I'm going to sign off and head to bed.  For a short work week, I sure am tired!!!

1 comment: