Sunday, January 27, 2013

Training Mode!

Ironman training is in full swing.  The first few weeks of January have been beyond busy but things are going really well.  I've got a new assignment at work (on top of my "regular" job) so I'm going to have longer hours for the next 1.5 months or so but I'm really excited about it and know I can make it all work!  My new gig has me out of the office and at a client site which I'm enjoying a ton....and I'm learning a lot too so that's cool.  :)

But let's get to what this blog is all about as I'm sure I'll get off on another tangent soon enough.  

Since the Houston Half, I've been keeping my self busy in the pool and on the road.  There's nothing exciting to report from the pool area....I continue to finish my workouts and haven't drowned so that is awesome!  Keith & I had a challenging bike ride last weekend which we attribute to the super cold temps.  We rode this morning and had an awesome ride on a much more difficult route.  I had a short run off the bike which I'm happy to report, went extremely well.  

I had a relaxing 8 mile run yesterday.  I actually had a lot on my mind yesterday and I probably could've run an extra 8 miles to hash through everything. As I was finishing up my run, I thought about how cool it was that I can go out and run 8 miles and enjoy it as much as I do.  Running keeps me sane and I hope I can do it for a long, long time. 

I haven't seen my schedule for next week but I'm already looking forward to my long run & long ride.  Seriously, if I could train full time, I think I would.  Now I just need to figure out how to come into a large sum of money so I can do that.  One step at a time.  

Hannah turns 16 a week from today.  S I X T E E N.  She was 8 when I first met her and it's crazy to think she's weeks away from being a legal driver.  Watching her grow into such an amazing young lady has been really cool.  We're so excited to celebrate with her next weekend!!

Emily & Daniel tie the knot in just over 40 days.  I have not found my dress for the wedding yet but have marked my calendar and will be starting that search very soon.  I actually have started the search and have narrowed it down to a few styles but need to go and try some stuff on pronto.  

Avery & Addison will be turning 2 soon.  My goodness time is flying bye!!!!  

See, I told you I would digress!  :)  Back to training.  What's next for me?  Well, I don't have another race until March and that will be The Woodlands Half Marathon.  Between now & then I'll just be a training (and working) fool and that sounds like heaven to me.  Yes, I'm sick like that.  Keith & I are loving these long rides and have continued to fine tune how we ride and help each other.  I have to admit, I've grown to love drafting even though he still makes me pull (and he usually makes me pull uphill).  

That's about it.  Hopefully I'll be back next weekend with more training news and pictures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment