Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Couple Bonding 101: Ride Bikes

Looking pretty good 60 miles into our 80 miler.  Whoop whoop!

Keith has been a great training partner (well, except for the one Saturday he bailed on me at the last minute).  He's not training for any races right now but continues to hit the roads with me as I prepare for IMTX 2013.  He loves riding so it's not like this is a huge inconvenience for him but I know there are other things he could be doing with his time.  I mean, getting up at 6am on a Saturday is not his idea of fun but he does it so we can hit the road early and be done before the day is completely wasted.  What a great man!

This weekend we get to tackle 90 miles.  N-I-N-E-T-Y.  This is a distance we've both experienced before, just not together.  I'm so looking forward to getting out on the roads and seeing how we do (I know we'll do great).  I'm getting to a point in my training where I realize every single day that Ironman is quickly approaching.  It's actually 10 weeks from Saturday.  Which of course means that Galveston 70.3 is a mere 4 weeks away.  Ok, I'll think about that later.  

As of this 90 miler isn't enough, we'll be going to Emily's wedding this weekend.  Keith's 3rd daughter will be tying the know to Daniel Verhaalen on Sunday and we're so excited!  Keith is always so happy when he gets to see ALL his girls and I know is looking forward to spending some time with each of them and of course, his two beautiful grands.  It's going to be a great weekend!

Happy training!


1 comment: