Monday, July 1, 2013

Race Week!

My first race post-IMTX is this Thursday!!!!  I'm getting back to the racing scene with a little 10k in San Diego, CA.  Keith & I are going to visit Heather & Mike (his oldest daughter & her hubby) and I had already been checking online to see if there were any fun little July 4th races.  Much to my joy, my coach texted me to see if I could find a 5k or 10k to do around this time so she could set my pace zones for marathon training.  I happily signed up and just like that, my first race back will be "just" a run.  


The 10k I'm running is around Lake Miramar.  Yay!!

We are so excited to visit Mike, Heather, Addison & Morgan!  The girls have grown so much since we last saw them at Emily's wedding.  The Buttenobs are now settled in the San Diego area so we thought this would be the perfect time to visit.  I've never been to this part of Cali so I'm super excited!!!

The week after we get home, I'll have my next race which is Shadow Creek Ranch Sprint.  I did this race last year and really enjoyed it.  500 meter OWS, 16 mile bike and a 5k.  I've already set my sights on a goal and am so pumped to PR this race.  

Marathon training hasn't quite started but when it does, this chick is going to be super pumped.  The NYC Marathon is a mere 18 weeks away and it's going to fly by.  What an awesome year for racing this is going to be!!!

Some other news.....my sister Annie is engaged!  Woo too!!!  Also, Caitlin & Hannah entered the Houston Half Marathon lottery with me and we got in so come January, two more Chalfant girls will be adding half marathon finisher to their resumes.  The Houston Half is my favorite half (so far) and I'm so excited for them to see why I love it so much.  The route is changing this year but I have a feeling Houston will still show up to cheer on all the crazy runners.  

Well, that's all I've got for now.  I haven't blogged in a few weeks and wanted to start July off right!

Happy running!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment