Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another Houston Half in the books!!!!



Monday I completed my 7th Houston Half Marathon and I have to say, aside from my first race, this was my favorite.  I wasn't chasing a PR so I really got to enjoy the day.  And what a beautiful day it was!  The sun was out and it wasn't as chilly as it's been recently.  It was gorgeous!   

This race was especially special b/c I got to run with Keith's daughter, Caitlin.  This was her first half marathon so the plan was to run together.  I was so excited for her and never had a doubt she would finish this race.  She got to experience the feelings I think we all face at some point during a race.  Excitement, exhaustion, being "over" running, etc.  There was nothing cooler than turning on to Allen Parkway and getting that glimpse of downtown, knowing we were headed to the finish.  All the spectators who yelled for her made the day even more memorable.  I especially like the dude who called her Cat-lin.  Meow.  Keith was our best spectator once again and made his way to three points on the course to cheer for us. I always look forward to seeing him out there.  It was a great day to run.  I'm so proud of Caitlin for tackling a goal like this and doing something she never thought she would.  How cool is that?!?!?

Being out there has definitely reignited the bug to race.  So of course, I signed up for my very first duathlon, Du the Polar Bear.  I haven't been out on the roads on my bike much at all so this will force me to get off the trainer and/or spin bike and get outside.  This race is a short, sweet one which makes it even better.  A 2 mile run, 15 mile bike and 2 mile run.  I'm super excited and hope to do well!  And if that wasn't enough, I signed up for a 5k that is this Sunday so I can run after my PR!!!  There is something seriously wrong w/ me.

The Woodlands Half is on the horizon for me as well and weather permitting, I will be chasing my PR and my goal of getting in under 2hrs.  You guys know this is a goal I've wanted for a long time and I'm so close.  I just need all the stars to align, execute a great race and not go out too hard.  Seems reasonable.  Oh yeah, I also need Mother Nature to be kind to me and give me PR weather.  Pretty please.  With sugar on top.

So that's all I've got this fine Wednesday.  Happy Training!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment