Friday, December 31, 2010

You say Goodbye (2010) and I say Hello (2011)

Aww, 2010 is quickly coming to a close. There were many times I thought 2010 pretty much sucked but as I'm reflecting on it now, it was pretty dang good. 2011 is shaping up to be AWESOME!

2010 started out with me running the Houston Half Marathon for the 3rd time. A stress fracture in late 2009 kept me away from running for several long weeks and so my hopes of a PR went out the window (btw, there will be no PR in 2011 either but that's another post). My brother Luke ran the half "with" me for the first time which was so cool. I love racing with a sibling. :)



My sweet little puppy Leia was my Valentine's Day gift from Keith. I was super stressed when I first got her but now that I've had 10 months with her, I can't imagine what I did before she showed up. I love my little puppy and think she could only be more perfect if she would quit crapping in my house.





In April I gave my first Oly a shot but that didn't end so well. The swim was cancelled due to weather so as far as I was concerned, it was no longer a triathlon. After having a decent bike ride, I collapsed on the run course due to poor (basically no) hydration on the bike. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. The lesson was learned and I've had no hydration issues since.


The big news of 2010 of course was signing up for Ironman Texas...everything after that is just a whirlwind! Below you'll find a sort of "Year in Pictures". Enjoy and GOODBYE 2010, HELLO 2011!

Me & Cristian on Easter

Heather's Wedding Day!

Putting out the doormat at my first home :)

Random pictures from Family Reunion, Halloween, HOG Rally, Clear Lake Sprint Tri and December!















2 comments: