Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Workouts - 2, Jenny - 1




Well, I certainly didn't think I would be blogging again so soon yet here I am! As you know, I was super excited to get started with my new training schedule this week. While I had been updating Training Peaks myself even though I didn't have a coach, it's not like I HAD to do anything. I mean, I was the boss of me (for once). My run last night was like starting over as it was time to start on the foundation again. The whole concept of slowing down in order to go faster is still a little foreign to me but I'm a (somewhat) trusting individual and so here I am again. What an embarrassing run that was! I can't take ALL the responsiblity for the slower pace. I mean, running in Houston this time of year isn't all that different than running on the surface of the sun. And on top of that, I didn't exactly hydrate the way I should have during the day yesterday. Either way, scoreboard to the workout. Nada for JJ.






Tuesday brought two workouts. For the purpose of this blog, let's just focus on the swim. Trust me when I tell you my cycling workout on the trainer was nailed. Ok, so back to the swim. I was very excited when I saw my main set. 4 sets of 4x100 at various speeds. Hmm, easy enough. I mean, this would be way better than my 30x100 prior to IMTX. Ha! Jenny said a funny. So let me just say that the workout kicked my rear just a bit. Once again, I really didn't hold myself to too many interval workouts the past couple of months. Don't get me wrong, I pushed myself from time to time but for the most part, I was just exercising. I finished my workout a little short of breath but feeling good that I stuck to the plan. Regardless of my good attitude, the workout one. Point 2 for you.



The old Jenny would dwell on "bad" workouts and think of all the reasons why it could've (should've) been better. Not the new Jenny. Despite the fact both workouts were tough and somewhat disappointing, I had fun. Yes, as bad a day today was, I enjoyed being in the water and working out with a purpose.



Let's see if this chipper attitude hangs in for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment