Monday, August 29, 2011

I love summer!



It's been a little bit since I've blogged so I thought I would take some time at lunch today to check in with everyone. First, I'm excited to be actually eating lunch at a normal hour....12:45pm vs 3:30pm or not at all. Last week was NUTS for me at work and it was so hard to stay on schedule. Mucho props to me though b/c I got in all my workouts w/ the exception of one swim over the weekend as I opted to go visit my family instead. The picture above is just a random shot taken after a long ride w/ Keith. My sweet puppy just loves to cuddle w/ me even when I smell like a goat.


So let's see what I have to share. My training continues to make me a happy camper. I have always prided myself in being very disciplined but even I have surprised myself. I think I've been executing my workouts exactly as instructed no matter what. And it's all paying off. I told Ana, my coach, I was feeling stronger & stronger. It's been awesome! I have to tell you all, I have been so stressed at work (what's new) and some things have gone down that have really upset me and in the past, this always had an impact on my workouts but not now. The stress is getting checked at the door and I am enjoying all my workouts so much. I feel like a different person from this time last year. Yay to loving training again!!!!!!!!


So I've included a picture below of my ride. I love my bike, I really do. So the race wheels she's currently sporting were a gift from Keith. After I finished my first 70.3 last year, he gave me a really pretty charm of a swimmer for my bracelet and then told me he wanted to get me race wheels to celebrate my accomplishment. I told him "no way" b/c I had major heartburn over the thought of him wasting money on wheels for someone like me. What does that mean you ask? It means someone who is not a kick ass cyclist. Keith told me I was being silly and asked me to research wheels. I did and went up to Bike Lane to talk to the guys about whether or not it was a purchase I should even make. My theory was that if I'm a slow rider, why waste the money on fancy wheels. I mean, what benefit would they have? The folks at Bike Lane explained it to me. No, I didn't need super aggresive but I could certainly benefit from some. I thought some more and decided to wait. Last month, Keith (with the help of Micah), surprised me with the wheels you see below. But the best part of the story is something I haven't shared yet. When Keith announced at lunch after Iron Star that he wanted to get me race wheels, I remember thinking, "Hmmm, I bet he saw all the bikes w/ fancy wheels and just thinks they look cool". After lunch, I called Stef (my sis) who had been on the course w/ Keith and asked her what the deal was. She said that with every bike that went by sporting Zipps or other upgraded wheels, Keith was in awe and kept saying, "Jenny NEEDS those" or "Wow, did you see how cool that bike looked". My theory was correct. Well, either way, THANK YOU baby!




I think that's about it for right now. I've been eating with one hand, typing with the other and it's almost time to get back to the grind. I hope everyone has an awesome day!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff happens when work stress gets left at the office! I have to remind myself about that one all the time.

    Keep up the progress and having fun!

    ReplyDelete