2012 is here and before I go on my first run of the year, I thought I would sit down and start my first blog of 2012 off right. Most years, it seems silly to me to come up with resolutions or anything like that but this year it just feels fitting so I will give in!
So what do I hope to achieve this year? SO MUCH, that's what. Instead of having one list of resolutions or goals, I feel like I need to have a few: personal, work & triathlon. While I do love my lists, that just seems a wee bit overwhelming.
Because I want to be accountable, I'm going to list some of my most important goals here. If I remember (and if I'm making progress), I can give updates every so often. Of course if I'm slacking, you won't hear a peep about these goals again! LOL.
(2) Live a healthier lifestyle. I will turn 38 in 2012. Ok, shut up all of you who are either saying I'm still a baby or I just turned 37. The fact is I'm closer to 40 and while we all know 40 is the new 30, we also all know things just change and slow down as you age. My body parts haven't headed south yet but I know it's only a matter of time. This year I want to be more mindful of what I put in my body and try to eat better. I did this for a few months in 2011 when I tried that Blood Type Diet and I really did feel better. I do want to drop some LB's as well as I know that will have a positive impact on my racing, especially my running. While the LB's aren't my primary concern, I would be lying if I said weight was just a number and it really didn't matter to me. It matters. :) Ok, maybe the LB's ARE my primary concern.
(3) Get started on some DIY projects for my townhouse. Other than family gatherings, I have yet to have a real party or anything at my home. I LOVE to entertain so this is just shameful. I always use the excuse that my house doesn't look exactly how I want it to yet. Dumb! As I look around, there are only minor things I have yet to do and some of those things I'm not doing until I have to (i.e. I'm waiting until the carpet is done before I put in wood floors). So the big projects I will be tackling this year with the help of my super handy boyfriend are: making bookshelves, making an end table and building a deck. Smaller projects include figuring out a good storage system for my thousands (literally) of photos and making something for my workout room to display my race numbers. Oooh, I also plan on getting my garage organized again so it will be neat & clean! It's not bad now but definitely needs some work. Whew. There you have it.
(4) Since I'll be in a new role at work, I know I'll be spending a good part of early 2012 learning my new job. Excited doesn't begin to express how I feel about my new opportunity! I am so, so, SO happy to be moving on and doing something new and I just hope I will do as well in this area as I did in my old job.
(5) I have to have one fun goal right? Ugh. I can't think of one right now. I keep going back & forth between a photography class and cake decorating classes. I just don't know which! What to do, what to do? Hmmm. Let's just say that I will settle on one goal that has nothing to do with work or triathlon or my house. Something that is just for me. I need a little time to research what that will be but know it will be somewhere in here!
(7) Run the NYC Marathon. Ok, this one is somewhat out of my hands. I will be entering the lottery and hope this is the year. If it's not, I have guaranteed entry in 2013. :)
|Seriously, who wouldn't want to be part of this?|
(8) Finally, I will sign up for another Ironman in 2012. This is my goal. While the race won't be in 2012, my preparation for it will certainly start in 2012. I can't believe that in just a few months I'll be filling out a registration form for another Ironman. I am so very excited to sign up and am literally counting down the days.
So there you have it, my Top 8 for 2012. I was trying to have 12 in '12 but given how meaty this list is, I think I need to stop now. I am only human after all!
Do something you absolutely love today and kick off the New Year right! May 2012 have amazing things in store for every one of year out there in cyber land!