Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oops, I did it again....


Very rarely will you find me quoting a B. Spears song but in this case, it’s fitting.  On Wednesday, July 11th, I signed up for my second Ironman race!!! I don’t think this comes as too much of a surprise to those of you near & dear to my heart as you’ve heard me talk about wanting to do another one for pretty much the last year. 

I never thought I would be “one & done” but at the same time, I wasn’t convinced I wouldn’t be.  Following the inaugural race, I was sad my training was over and eager to do another one. I held off though as I knew 15+ hours of endorphins were probably to blame for the desire to do it again.  As I focused on shorter distances, I found I really loved my new found free time and discovered things like Pinterest, chalkboard paint & spray paint.  I made cakes for my niece & nephew and pretty much did whatever I wanted.  Alas, all good things must come to an end.

As IMTX 2012 approached, I wished I had signed up.  I knew then there was no way I would miss out on 2013.  And then of course, all the drama started w/ the race itself.  Would it happen again?  Would it remain in The Woodlands?  Nearly 2 months after the 2012 race, we got our answer and registration opened at 11am CST.  I was logged in and signed up by 11:06am. 
I have a feeling the blog will be back in full force soon.  Now, all my races serve more of a purpose to me.  With the addition of this race, I’ll be adding Oil Man Half Ironman to my schedule as well as a spring Half Ironman (location TBD).

I already have goals bouncing around in my head.  Obviously the first goal is to finish.  Doing an Ironman in the temps we have down here in late May makes it a challenge and just because you’ve been there done that, doesn’t mean you’ll do it again.  Even so, I’m confident I can achieve whatever goal I set and am looking forward to challenging myself. 

Training will be different this time around too as I’ll have a different coach than I did for IMTX 2011.  I’m so excited to see what we can accomplish over the next 10 months.  Also, Keith will be with me on all of my long rides as he is very excited to help me train for my next Ironman.  I’ll have new training partners too which I’m excited about (although I’ll definitely remember all the fun I had on long rides with Michelle and my last few swims with Dee leading up to IMTX). 

So there you have it.  With the swipe of a credit card and the punch of a button, I’ve done it again.  And this time, I’m thinking it’s going to be an even 
more memorable ride!



I mean really, who wouldn't want this feeling again?

No comments:

Post a Comment