Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Couldn't do what I do without my support crew!


I’m still pinching myself following a great race at Ironman 70.3 Texas!!!  I am now 2 for 4 in Galveston and couldn’t be happier to be batting .500. 

The next post will be about the race…this blog is about those that support me!  I can’t name you all individually b/c it would take me days just to give proper credit to everyone.   So many of you ask me about training regularly or you might be one who sends me an occasional text checking in.  Or you may be someone who is constantly there to show support and cheer me on.  I appreciate all of you SO much.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  It’s hard to make it through this training but when you know there are people out there cheering you on, you get that extra boost you need when it gets tough.  I honestly felt that extra boost this weekend.

Words can’t express how grateful I am to my coach, Ana Lemus, for all her guidance.  I am a different person than I was a few years ago.  And let me be clear here, not just a better athlete.  I’m happier, I have more confidence and I have a different outlook on life in general.  Ana has been so encouraging and has told me I’m capable of things I wasn’t too sure I was capable of.  But now, I’m a believer. 

I also had the best support crew on Sunday….Keith, Annie, Stefanie & Avery.  Annie traveled with me to Galveston and went to packet pickup with me. She also put up with being judged by the athletes as she enjoyed a beer.  I’m not kidding, she was getting some crazy looks.  Annie also went to the race site with me EARLY Sunday morning and kept me calm while I waited for my 8:05am start.  At one point, I was shaking like crazy.  I told y’all she was my good luck charm!  Stefanie & Avery drove down Saturday evening and hung out at the pool with us and then joined us for dinner at Gaido’s (umm, this place was super yummy).  Avery was such a good girl and let Aunt Jenny get nearly 8hrs of sleep!  And of course, there’s Keith.  He had spent the week in Hong Kong and flew back Friday afternoon.  He drove down early Sunday morning and was there cheering me on when I got out of the swim.  Keith was also so sweet and went to the expo tent when it was clear I was going to finish and bought me not only the finisher’s shirt I’ve been waiting for, but a ton of other stuff.  So sweet! 

Some of you tracked me most of the day.  My mom was one of those folks and was sending my support crew updates in case they missed them.  I race a lot and I don’t want my family to feel like they HAVE to make every race.  I love that Ironman makes it so easy to track athletes online.  

Again, thanks to ALL OF YOU!!!  I definitely felt your support this past Sunday!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment