Monday, May 30, 2011

Leia & Sophie get their mommy back!


While there have been times I've found myself going a bit stir crazy post-Ironman, I have so enjoyed not rushing anywhere. I feel like days have gone from 24hrs to 30hrs!! I love this and can really get used to it!



Sophie & Leia have had tons of mommy time this past week. We've gone on walks, played fetch and been generally lazy around the house. Keith left Sophie with me when he returned to Fort Worth Monday and that little dog slept at my feet all day long. I loved how they wouldn't leave my side!


Leia & I went on a long walk today and the poor thing got so tired on the way back, I had to pick her up and carry her for about 1/2 mile. I got some strange looks from people passing me by and from cars on the road. Leia likes to be carried like a baby...she always has. I cradle her in my arms, she throws her head back and lets her tongue hang out. Weird? Maybe. Cute? Absolutely!


I've had several easy workouts this week. Several long walks, an easy swim and a handful of easy rides. I may or may not give running a shot this week. The blisters are all pretty much healed and my feet feel much better. My legs haven't felt heavy until I've tried to push the pace a bit on the bike. I'm told everything is perfectly normal.


Welll, that's all I've got for this beautiful Monday. Hope you've all had a great weekend. I'll be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment