Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Where oh where has my free time gone?

Someone hasn't been a very good blogger! I thought I would have oodles of spare time on my hands with IM training being a thing of the past....boy was I wrong! I'm just filling my time with new things and I love it (for now). Let's see if I can't catch you up quickly.


For the time being, I'm without a coach. I go back & forth about what I want to do. I'm not signed up for an Ironman right now and all the races on my calendar are distances I've tackled before. Prior to Coach K's terrible tragedy, my plan was to go balls to the wall in all of my upcoming races and at least try to post one PR after another. I think I was riding the post-IMTX high and was on top of the world and believed I could do anything. As more time gets between me and IMTX, I see I really just want to have some fun with these races the next few months. Of course I want to PR but I realize a PR at EVERY race is not realistic and more importantly, not smart. Instead, I will focus on my "A" race, Oil Man Half Ironman. THAT will be my PR race. :) While I am signed up for a sprint in a little less than 2 weeks, I've decided I will likely skip it in order to focus on training. I have a half marathon in less than 8 weeks and I really need to get my long runs in the next 8 weeks. Ahh, I've grown up a lot over the past few years.

Keith & I had a 4-day weekend over the 4th and decided to head to Chicago to visit The Buttenobs (Heather, Mike & Addie). What a fun visit! It was a packed weekend but we were able to spend some quality time with them. June 19th was their 1 year wedding anniversary so we got to have a belated celebration with them. Addie is growing so fast and already looks so different than the last time we saw her. She's just a month younger than Avery and it's fun seeing the two of them grow up. Addie is a little doll....blue eyes, blondish hair (what there is of it) and fair skinned. At first glance, she looks nothing like her mommy but she actually does share a lot of similarities. The blue eyes just throw you for a loop!


We got home on the 3rd (late) and had a cookout on the 4th of July at Keith's house following a 30 mile bike ride. Yes, Keith went 30 miles of hills with us!!! I'm so proud of the awesome progress he's making. While in Chicago, he got up and worked out with me twice! This is a side of Keith I've never seen and so you can understand my confusion regarding his new found fondness for exercise. I've asked him more than once if he's got himself a young girlfriend (besides me) on the side. He says no. :)


I've been a bit under the weather since returning from Chicago so took an unscheduled day off from training yesterday and did an easy 40 minute workout tonight. I'm hoping to be back to "normal" tomorrow and make it outside for a ride or a run...or both! Tonight I worked on Keith's Harley scrapbook, a project I set out on about a year ago. Ooops. I made great progress tonight and have about 3 more Harley trips to document. I thought triathlon was expensive...nobody told me how much I would spend on scrapbooking supplies. I kid you not, I have no less than 8 pairs of scissors. Why you ask? Well, they all cut different shapes. Duh. I have glue sticks coming out of my rear end and enough colored paper to cover every wall in my house. I searched high and low for a craft box to hold my loot and haven't found one yet so my next trip will be to Hobby Lobby to find something to store all this crap in. I must admit, I'm digging this scrapbooking thing as it's a great outlet for the creative side of me.

So with that, I've got you caught up and will close this post with pictures galore. Enjoy!




Heather, Addie & Mike on our way to Taste of Chicago




Above: Jenny, Papa & Addie


Below: Avery w/ Auntie Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment