Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Outfit #2? Don't mind if I do. :)

Time sure does fly when you work, train and try to just get stuff done! Realizing this is "race" week for me, I figured you all would expect a blog post. But before I get into racing stuff, can I just tell you that I LOVE Bachelor Pad and wish I was writing a Bachelor Pad recap? Seriously, these folks are so entertaining and make me realize just how smart I really am! I find myself scratching my head week after week, trying to figure out how in the hell Kermit the Frog (Kasey from Ali's season) is actually the "brains" of the house. And when I say brains, I use that term very, very loosely. Anyway, the finale is next week and my money is on Michelle & Graham winning. Their strategy for the "Nearly Wed" game was brilliant.


So back to the purpose of the blog. The Chicago Half Marathon RD sent out an email last week urging all participants to wear red, white & blue since the race is on 9/11 and this is the 10 year anniversary. As you all know, I had already purchased a snazzy outfit from Athleta that Keith would be able to spot easily. The added bonus? The lime green shorts & purple top matched my new Asics. Score Score Double Score. I thought about wearing the outfit anyway but then realized I would get another new running outfit out of this so why not? More importantly though, I love the idea of a sea of patriots running towards the finish line! So what did I do? I went up to Luke's Locker in search of some cute shorts. I looked & looked and nothing was just right. Then I came across a pair of shorts I knew I had to have. The next step, find a shirt. Below please find my options. :)



The top looks much more red in the pic. In real life, it's more coral. I realize that description doesn't help the men in my reading audience.



I'm digging the blue. I found that the fabric draped nicely over my shoulders and the color worked magic on my eyes. The bluest eyes in Texas are haunting me tonight. (Name that band)

So yes, I will be sporting red, white & blue shorts that just happen to be the Texas Flag!!!!! Yeeeee haw!

I'm sure you're all expecting a few words about the "race" (another term I'll use loosely). This is more of a C race for me and I'm 100% cool with that. I have a game plan that if executed, will result in negative splits for mama. Since signing up with ORR and finding out Ana would be my coach, I've taken to my new training program like a duck to water. Like Ike to Tina. Like a prom dress to the floor. Ok, maybe that one was bad. I think you get the point though. I've REALLY enjoyed my training the past few weeks and have really enjoyed feeling stronger. I'm so excited to run on Sunday and just want to execute the plan and look forward to my next race.

In other news, Keith has been riding like a man on a mission and is LOVING cycling. On top of that, Emily (his 2nd youngest) is signed up for The Woodlands Marathon while Caitlin (his 2nd oldest) has signed up for The Woodlands Half Marathon. I'm so excited for these ladies to train and have fun races!!! This weekend, we all went running and Hannah even joined us. Let me tell you, getting us all out of the house should've been video taped b/c it would've been a great reality show. I showed up with my stop watch & whistle which really completed the whole experience. What a fun weekend with most of the Chalfant gang.

Well, I'm off now as I have a few more things to do before bed and plan to post again before the big race...maybe. I hope you all had a great Labor Day and enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment