Monday, September 26, 2011

Post Race Thoughts



Ok. So I started typing this post a few days ago and then kept saving it & walking away from it. This will be a pretty unconventional race report. :) In a nutshell, I had high hopes of a PR this past Sunday and just didn't do it. Nothing went "wrong" or anything. I felt good, wasn't injured and had a plan that was doable. Sunday just wasn't my day.



After you have a race that doesn't go your way, it's typical to want to know why. It's human nature to want to point to A, B & C things and say THAT'S why I didn't do well. But I'm here to tell you, I went into this race focused and ready. I wanted to PR. That's all I talked about this weekend...just ask Keith & Ana. Sunday just wasn't MY PR day. Keith & Stef both told me that they just knew I was going to finish and be very upset. They suspected there could be tears. You should've seen the surprise on their face when I was smiling & laughing, not crying. At the end of the day, I know I did my very best and I can't be upset with that. You can't PR every race and that's OK. I have to give Ana props here. She has been absolutely awesome to me since becoming my coach. I'm learning a lot from her and understanding better & better how things work.



I hope this post doesn't sound negative b/c I really don't want it to. I had fun on Sunday (for the most part). I'm scratching my head about the swim b/c I felt good and thought I was swimming well. The bike was windy as all get out and I know the winds picked up as the morning went on. The fact that I pulled 17.2 mph out of it is a victory for me (the race results say 16.7 but I did the math and it's 17.2). By the time I made it to the run, it was nearly 100 outside and I did what I could. Or so I think.......



Many thanks go to Ana for the great advice and analyzing the results to help me see the good in my race. I'm also so thankful Keith, Stef & Avery made it out to cheer me on. They're awesome!!!



I'm back on the training wagon and hap hap happy!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new outfit!! Congrats on another job well done. You always impress me.

    ReplyDelete