Thursday, October 6, 2011

I got a feelin'.........

Here's my first blog update on my new Mac! Ahhhhh, I love this computer and I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do. I tried typing this while listening to some Black Eyed Peas but that just wasn't happening. And FYI, the pic to the left is here just so I wouldn't have a picture-less update. I'm still in the process of moving all my pics over so this will have to be good enough. :)

Guess what? It's another race week! October is a big racing month for me. Not necessarily the size of the race, more the volume. Saturday is 10 for Texas, a 10 mile run through The Woodlands. Ahh, a race in my backyard so I don't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn. I'm not even going to jinx myself here. I have a plan (thank you Ana) and we'll just see how it goes. I'm excited to race though and even more excited to see how Emily (Keith's 2nd youngest does). Emily is an awesome runner and is training for her 1st marathon. This weekend she had a 10 mile run on her schedule so we figured she may as well do this race. I'm super excited for Em and know she's going to rock it!

Training was going pretty well for me this week. I had a hard swim workout and challenging speed session Tuesday that I nailed. Last night I was rear ended on my way home from work (well, more side swiped I guess) and so my workout last night didn't happen. Long story short, I'm fine but my car may be visiting its maker sooner rather than later. My dependable and semi-sporty little Ford Escape is a 2006 but has 145,000 miles thanks to my LOOOOOONG commute. I already know the rear axel is bent so I'm just waiting to hear if the cost to fix the truck is more than it's worth. I'm not going to ask you guys to pray it doesn't get totaled b/c if I'm going to ask you to pray for me, I'm going to save it for something REALLY good. Just do me a favor and hope really hard that it's not totaled. I love my little Escape!

Stef sent me a text this morning to let me know she had a dream that Avery's first word was "Ironman". Oh my gosh, I certainly hope so!!!!!

I know, this is quick but mama is exhausted and Leia needs my attention. Hope you all get lots of zzzzzz's tonight and I'll be back soon!

1 comment: