Sunday, February 19, 2012

So much going on!

I meant to write last week after my race but just got so busy, I completely forgot to sit down to blog.  Now that a week has flown by, I don't feel like typing a race report.  I do have a few things to share about the race though.  (1) Next time I want chocolate after a run, I'll buy it instead of sign up for some poorly organized nightmare.  (2)  I continue to make solid progress with my running and had a really good 1st 15k.  Yay!  (3)  I love my Athleta running skirt so much, I ordered another one in purple b/c the ORR inspired one was so fun!  


Post race, still happy!
While we're on the topic of racing, my next race is in just a couple of weeks and I'm super excited!  For months I was really hoping this would be the race where I break my half-marathon PR but that's likely not going to be the case.  Before any of you start thinking I'm being negative, that's not it all.  There just comes a time where you have to be realistic about where you are.  Don't get me wrong, I'm super focused on having the best race I possibly can and I'm looking forward to it like crazy.  I have come such a long way since the Houston Half in 2011 and have just bee making steady progress.  I'm definitely on track to do better than Houston Half 2012 and that's a big deal.  I have such high expectations of myself, as do most folks I train with, that it can be hard not to have the same success every time you race.  You just have to put it in perspective and race with your heart, not your head.  That's what I did at the Hot Chocolate Run.  I didn't let the chaos from the morning get to me.  As soon as the starting gun went off, I just ran.  More than once I thought about how lucky I was to be able to wake up and go outside and just run with 10,000 of my closest friends.  How cool is that?  I was so pleased when I crossed the finish line.  So many times lately I've crossed the finish line and within a few minutes, started dissecting my race and focusing on what I should've done better and what I didn't do right.  Last week I crossed and smiled and kept smiling.  Instead of dwelling on the fact that I didn't hit some made up number in my head, I kept thinking about where I was 6 months ago and where I am today.  What a great feeling!!!!  


In other news, my sweet little niece turned 1!!!!  Oh my gosh, I can't believe it.  It's hard to believe a year has already gone by.  She has changed so much yet still has the same huge smile she had from when she was a newborn.  The girl came out smiley and really hasn't stopped.  I couldn't believe that the little girl who just learned to crawl a few months ago was walking around the house yesterday.  Yep, she prefers walking to crawling without a doubt and I now know without a doubt that she is a future triathlete.  :)  Happy Birthday Avery cakes!  Auntie Jenny loves you!


Check this little cutie out.  LOVE her!
With Avery turning 1, that means Addie is next!  Keith's first grandchild will celebrate her 1st bday here in Texas with us and we couldn't be more excited!!!  We know we won't get to spend every Birthday with her so it's awesome that the 1st one will be in our own backyard...literally!  The party will be at Keith's and we get to help cook, decorate and everything.  Keith is sooooo excited she'll be here for her bday and I can't wait to celebrate with him (and everyone else). 


Well, I think that's about it.  Happy Sunday and have an awesome week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment