Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Where's Jenny?

As I uploaded some pictures tonight, I realized it's been a few weeks since I blogged and even though I don' have much to say, I thought I should hop online and let y'all know I'm alive and well before someone files a missing person report.  :)

A few things have kept me from blogging:  (1) work and (2) Pinterest.  

As you might recall, I found out in November I was getting a new role at EY.  Well, I've basically been *trying* to do two jobs since around Thanksgiving.  It didn't get really bad until January hit as my replacement still hadn't been found and I was getting to a point where I really need to focus on my new job.  I realized pretty quickly I would need to adjust my schedule and so came up with a plan to work 60hr weeks.  While this won't last forever, it still stinks.  I have to say though, I'm very appreciative EY allows me the flexibility to leave work by 4pm so I can miss traffic and get home more quickly.  Doing this gives me the opportunity to work as needed and still get to eat dinner at a decent time and get a workout in.  Thanks EY!!!  

Pinterest is my newest addiction.  I love checking out new ideas for projects, decorating, cooking, etc.  I seriously could waste hours on that site.  Sometimes I think I should just go on a leave of absence and make as much crap as I can and get it all out of my system.  

I am training for an event...The Woodlands Half Marathon.  The only triathlon I'm officially signed up for is the Hy-Vee National Championship in September so it's nice to have a little "down time" right now and focus on running.  It's not like I have much of a choice with my work schedule.  I will be signing up for some other triathlons very soon though so don't worry....I'll get back to the fun stuff soon enough.  

Okey dokey smokey.  That's about all I have time for tonight.  I promise not to be a stranger!!!

Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment