Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sometimes, you've just got to blog it.

I wasn't planning for a blog post tonight but had a couple things on my mind so thought I should sit down and type away.  


My mom posted on FaceBook this morning that she was remembering the sweetest man she knew, her Dad and my Papa as today is his birthday....was his birthday.  I'm never sure what to say when someone has passed.  Grandpa Cerami died 27 years ago come this June.  27 years?  That's basically a whole lifetime.  It made me so sad to think about it though b/c I remember the day like it was yesterday.  We were living in Union City, California on Joyce Way (I think that's the street name).  Doug was a toddler and Luke was a baby.  I remember my mom telling us Grandpa Cerami had died and I just cried and cried.  It had been several years since I'd seen him as we hadn't been back to Buffalo since we moved in the early 80's.  I'm thinking it had been 3 or 4 years since we had seen him and at that age, it seemed like an eternity.  There have been so many times I have sworn he was here.  It's amazing to me how a smell can trigger a flood of memories.  For me, whenever I smell a pipe, I think of him.  And of course, whenever I see a Hershey bar as he always gave those to us...even when Grandma told him not to.  Rest in peace Grandpa....we miss you & love you!


He's the one with the drink in his hand.  :)


In other news, it's race week!  I am so looking forward to this race but admit, I've got some nerves.  As most of you know, I've been working like a dog the past 3 weeks and in all honesty, probably longer than that since I've been trying to do two jobs at work since November.  I am thankful I'm not training for anything big right now or I would be in big, big trouble!  Saturday will be interesting without a doubt.  I'm super determined to have a good race and just focus on what I can control.  Yeah, I'm going into the race tired and probably not as prepared as I would like as a result of work but that's ok...that doesn't mean I won't do well.  And come on, this is THE Hot Chocolate run that I've been looking forward to for months.  So wish me luck this weekend and pray I catch up on all the sleep I've missed over the next couple of nights.  :)


With that, it's time for me to go and start winding down for the night.  Hope y'all are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Jenny, don't overdue it, just enjoy. You will do great! I love the projects you are doing. Love and miss you all. Zanetta

    ReplyDelete