Sunday, July 4, 2010

Roo Roo Quintana Roo (and other weekend thoughts)!

First thing is first. I went shopping on Friday since I had the day off and picked out my new tri bike (pictured to the right)! The great folks at Bike Lane are putting her together and she'll be ready to come home on Wednesday. So excited to pick her up and start riding her. I should mention that I have the best boyfriend in the world b/c my tri bike was an early Birthday AND Christmas present. He is so thoughtful and so supportive of my crazy desire to do an Ironman. Yay!!!!! Thank you baby!




The weekend started off kind of gloomy. I had hoped to get in my 1.5hr run Friday after bike shopping but with all the storming, I decided to sleep instead. Saturday morning runs are fun too but instead of waking up early to meet my teammates, I decided to sleep in until 7:30am. Well, when I finally did get up, I played with Leia and turned on the TV for a bit. Scream 3 was on and so I knew my plan to get out the door by 8:00am wasn't going to happen. For those of you who know me well, you'll remember I went and saw Scream in the movie theatres oh about 15 times (mainly b/c my then boyfriend worked at Studio30 off Dunvale and gave us free movie tickets). Alas, 10:30am I was out the door for one heck of a soggy run! Before hitting 4 miles I was soaked all the way through (shorts, socks & both sports bras). Half way through my run I took a quick detour at a water fountain to refill with cold water. After doing that, I made my to the YMCA when I noticed the dark clouds in the direction of my house. I figured I was going to have to hustle if I was going to make it home before the storm. But then I realized, "Hey, I'm already wet" and so took my sweet time!


This morning I did get up early (for a weekend) and had a little breakfast before heading out on a 25mile ride. Fun times!!! This was supposed to be an easy ride and even with the rolling hills, it was. I got off the bike and my legs felt like I hadn't been out 1.5hrs. I won't get too excited b/c I've got a ways to go before I'm logging really long rides!


Well, that's all I have! Happy 4th of July to everyone out there!!!! We'll be having a low key night, doing some grilling and trying to keep poor Sophie from going too crazy with all the fireworks. Tomorrow's workout will be a 1,000yd time trial so stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment