Monday, July 26, 2010

Two weeks later, still bruised but running stronger!

A week of vacation does the soul AND the workout schedule good. It's amazing how much easier it is to get in my workouts when I don't have to be bothered by work. :) Unfortunately, that's not reality so I need to just get over it.


I spent part of my vacation in Fort Worth and had some really good runs. My favorite was my long run on Friday which I got to do along the Trinity River. Two weeks post bike fall and I'm still sporting bruising, soreness, swelling and a couple of very hard spots on my left thigh. Of course, it has improved greatly and this was the first run where I wasn't limping to start with. I was even back to my old long run pace and was thrilled. I followed coaches orders and elevated and iced after and felt great! With my next race a month away, I was really wanting to start feeling back to "normal". Looks like my wish has been granted.
In other news, I'm officially signed up Ironstar Half Ironman in November. I signed up for this race 2 years ago (before I trained with a coach) and had to pull out due to a stress fracture in my left leg. Basically, I was over training on the run and wasn't giving myself enough days off and blah blah blah. Anyway, I was really disappointed but now will get to do it! This will be an important race for me as I prepare for IMTX.
So yeah, my tentative race calendar is pretty much set with the exception of officially signing up for IMTX 70.3 in Galveston (April 2011). Whew.
I'm sure I'll have more of a post later this week! Happy training! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment