Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Empire State of Mind



It's time for a shout out to Jay Z & Alicia Keys as I've been singing...errrr rapping "Empire State of Mind" to myself most of the day. Tomorrow is the day I find out if I am one of the lucky 8-12% of non-Tri State residents to make it into the NYC Marathon. I am so torn right now as this is a bucket list race for me but at the same time, I really think I'm going to want to do some fall triathlons and I'm goign to have to figure out what my priority is. Yes, yes. I know I promised the running side of me that running would be the focus after IMTX but I may have to go back on that promise. Chances are pretty slim I'll get in so I'm sure I'm worried about nothing. And if I do get in, I can always pay the hefty race entry and defer to next year. Hmm. We'll see.




Getting into NYC won't prevent me from doing tri's....it will just require me to be smart about which races I sign up for. It will prevent me from doing Oil Man (formerly Ironstar) which I really would like to do as I would LOVE a PR. :) At the same time, how I wouldn't love to be one of those specs of colors running on the bridge in the scene to the right. Holy crap, I wonder what the weight limit is on that bridge?!?! Sure doesn't look like I would have much space to myself. Hmm, what exactly is my malfunction? Why is that I enjoy these types of activities? My mom assures me she doesn't know where this trait came from as she informed she was not a carrier.


Whatever happens with the lottery tomorrow, I know I'm going to have a great fall and will have lots of fun races on the calendar. I'm a planner and so the suspense right now is killing me. Come on Wednesday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment