Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat. 33 days until IMTX!

Ever feel like you're doing the same thing day in & day out? While I may have felt like that the past few months, I definitely feel that way the past few weeks. I start with my normal routine with the dogs every morning, then it's the daily grind of good 'ole EY and then it's training. That is my life. Period. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't looking forward to May 22nd when IMTX is done and I'm purchasing some finishers merchandise....or even May 23rd when I'm off work and HOPEFULLY lounging by a pool with a fruity drink in my hand (pina colada here I come).

So what's happening in my wonderful world of training? Well, I'm glad you asked! The highlight of my weekend was by far my 65ish mile ride on Sunday. A large group was meeting at the front of The Woodlands to ride the IMTX course. Because I didn't have 100+ on my schedule, I opted to to start from Terramont and ride with my training buddy, Michelle. Dee & Stew were with us and set off on their way. Michelle & I chit chatted our way down Terramont and laughed a bit about my Galveston experience. We agreed the worst was behind me. As we turned on to 2978, I heard a noise followed by Michelle hollering at me. I lost a water bottle....again. I hopped off my bike only to be accused by Michelle of trying to kill her again (yes, this happened before). LOL. She handed me my water bottle and as I went to put it in my rear mounted cage or whatever it's called, I noticed the stupid thing was hanging by nothing at all. I looked and noticed the bolts were gone. Seriously? I decided to leave the holder and the extra hydration on the corner and called Keith to come pick it up as I was done with it! If I needed something to drink, I would just buy it later. We had another good laugh and I decided it was best not to jinx myself by even talking about my bike. Or Galveston.

After that, the ride was very uneventful. We were doing an out & back and planned on turning around after 2hrs. As we approaced the two hour mark, we realized we both had to pee. I thought this was odd for me as I normally don't have to pee so early in a ride. Duh! It was colder than normal, we weren't sweating as much and were taking in more fluid....hence the urge to pee. We turned around and it was evident neither of us were going to make it to Hey Guys, a bar off 2854 we thought would surely have a bathroom. Michelle remembered a church off 149 and thought that might be our place. I kept thinking there was surely a gas station somewhere. We came upon the quaint little baptist church and pulled off. A few folks were outside and recognized we were in need. Not only did they let us use their nice, clean facility but they also watched our bikes and offerred us food! I should have had them pray for my bike but it didn't occur to me at the time. Anyway, thank you 149 Baptist church for saving us from having to pee on our bikes or pee in the bushes and run the risk of getting a snake bite. I told Michelle that under no circumstances would I suck venom out of her butt. Oh yeah, Michelle & I decided we are both HOT MESSES and must have shirts to advertise it. While I didn't make good on the bedazzled 70.3 visors, I have a feeling the shirts will become reality. :)

So that's my update and I'm sticking to it. It's getting late and the dogs want to go out for their evening walk. It's 33 days until IMTX and I can't believe it. Oh! I nearly forgot.....the lottery for the NYC Marathon closes tonight and that means they will be drawing names soon. Since the chances of getting picked are between 8-12%, I'm not holding my breath. In all honesty, I'm super anxious to find out I didn't get it so I can sign up for some tri's in the fall and begin settling the score with that city I'm trying not to mention but is often referred to as the Redneck Riviera. :)

Happy training!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely going to deserve a big drink and lots of pool time after all this. You are going to do great!!