Thursday, May 30, 2013

Post Ironman Life


This truly is deja vu.  Post Ironman, I find myself with a lot of free time on my hands...more than I care to have.  Trust me, I find ways to keep busy but it's not like it was before.  I admit, it's quite nice not having to rush home from work so I can get a workout in before the sun goes down.  And it's awesome to be able to sleep in until 7am on the weekend (yes, that is sleeping in for some of us).  

So how exactly have I been spending my time?  Well, I've created several spreadsheets for upcoming trips I have.  Go ahead, laugh it up fuzzball.  I love spreadsheets.  They are awesome.  They keep you organized and you can apply all sorts of fun formulas.  Stop laughing.  Seriously.  

I've busted out the scrapbooking supplies and am making every attempt to complete Cristian's Disney scrapbook.  I'm just not cut out for scrapbooking.  I get bored after about one page and just want to go outside.  I'm really hoping to make some progress this weekend as I would love to be able to give it to him before he gets married.

I went to the beach.  What an awesome and relaxing day!  Stef left Avery with Kiri so we got to just lay around and be lazy and not have to worry about a little person wanting our attention.  It was awesome.  I plan on a few more beach days this summer!

On Memorial Day, Keith smoked a brisket and we hung out at his place and made yummy food and drinks for two of his girls (and a couple of Caitlin's friends).  It was an awesome day!!  After dinner, Keith & I went for a walk where I, for the first time in years, got on a swing.  


While I'm definitely enjoying my time, I am so ready to get back to training!!!!  Hmm, that could be my next post.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment